Today World Voice Day the motto is: BE GENTLE WITH YOUR VOICE.
That's why we leave you with some advice from our Speech Therapists:
Tips to keep your voice healthy
- Drink about 1.5L water a day;
- Do vocal warm-up before speaking a lot (especially voice professionals, such as teachers, singers, priests);
- Eat healthily;
- Take breaks of 15-30 minutes after talking a lot;
- Sleep well;
- Have an adequate body posture when speaking;
- Carry out anti-stress activities.
Consult a Speech Therapist when presenting:
- Persistent hoarseness for more than 2 weeks;
- Feeling of a "ball" constantly present in the throat;
- Tiredness when speaking;
- Frequent throat clearing;
- Pain and/or burning in the throat;
- vocal breaks;
- Sudden loss of voice;
- Having difficulties in projecting the voice;
- Constant feeling of irritation in the throat;
- Feeling of effort when speaking.
Download document with information.
16, April 2019